Addiction neurobiology: ethical and social implications
This report reviews developments in the neuroscience of addiction, explores how they might affect the way we view and treat drug problems, and considers the issues that they raise for drug policy in Europe. In language that is easily accessible, the report presents the complex brain processes involved in addition and the ethical implications inherent to current addiction research.
Download as PDF
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: What is addiction?
- Chapter 2: The neurobiology of addiction
- Chapter 3: The treatment of addiction
- Chapter 4: Human rights, ethical values and the implications of current addiction research
- Chapter 5: New developments in the treatment of addiction
- Chapter 6: Conclusions and possible implications of advances in addiction neurobiology for future drug policies