Manual: increasing access to hepatitis C testing and care for people who inject drugs
This manual provides a step-by-step guide for those involved in planning and managing infectious diseases and drug services, focusing on how to identify barriers to and opportunities for improving provision of HCV testing and access to treatment for people who use drugs. In particular, it focuses on HCV testing in harm reduction and drug treatment settings.
Download as PDF
Table of contents
- Increasing access to hepatitis C testing and care for people who inject drugs: why is it so important?
- Introducing the diagnostic process
- Step 1: Assessing the need for hepatitis C testing in drug services
- Step 2: Multi-stakeholder consultation to identify barriers and solutions
- Step 3: Ensuring monitoring and evaluation
- Appendix 1: Checklist of barriers for HCV testing
- Appendix 2: Three round-table scenarios