Residential treatment for drug use in Europe
In most European countries, residential treatment programmes form an important element of the range of treatment and rehabilitation options for drug users. The aim of this paper is to provide a Europe-wide overview of the history and availability of residential drug treatment within wider national drug treatment systems.
Table of contents
- Historical perspective of residential treatment for drug users
- Extent and nature of residential treatment
- Treatment elements in residential programmes
- Residential treatment clients
- Organisational structure of residential treatment