An EMCDDA delegation is attending the sixty-sixth session of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs (CND) in Vienna this week (13-17 March), where it is providing technical support to the European Commission and the EU Member States.
The CND meets every year to discuss the global drug situation and takes action by adopting resolutions and decisions. This year’s talks will cover, among others, the challenges of reviewing substances for scheduling and the importance of inter-agency cooperation in countering the world drugs problem (see CND programme).
Throughout the week, the EMCDDA delegation will participate in a number of side events:
- COPOLAD III – EU/LAC cooperation: promoting human-centered drug policies with a sustainable development approach;
- Building professional competences for drug policy implementation and management;
- Specific substances: balance between health and industry;
- Preventing overdose, saving lives;
- The role of research in development and implementation of drug policy.
Find out more on our CND event page.