This is one of four toolkit,s developed as part of a follow-up project to the European drug prevention quality standards.
The European Drug Prevention Quality Standards Toolkit 2 is of use to everyone working within the drug prevention community. It will be of particular interest to those involved in planning or implementing a drug prevention activity, programme or other initiative. Practitioners, programme developers, service managers, and coordinators will find this toolkit of relevance to their work in prevention.
Toolkit 2 is of particular value if you wish to:
- Find out to what extent your work already meets the European standards for quality in drug prevention
- Develop a new prevention activity with an orientation towards quality
- Improve the quality of planned or already ongoing activities
The Toolkit is structured in four sections:
- Introduction and overview
- Quality assessment checklist
- Blank quality synthesis profile (for use after completing the Quality assessment checklist)
- Improvement support questionnaire
The purpose of this toolkit is to support self-learning, self-reflection and self-improvement. It aims to raise awareness regarding the need for “high quality” drug prevention and offers a response to key questions such as:
- What is quality in drug prevention?
- What quality standards should apply to drug prevention activities?
- How could I benefit from using quality assessment tools to review my work?
- How can I better understand and develop the quality of ongoing drug prevention activities?
The Toolkit aims to help improve the quality of work, in particular, it can support the planning or implementation phase of prevention activities by offering practical tools that can help to improve quality in prevention work. These tools can be used individually, within the work group setting or within an organisation.
Download as PDF
PDF files are made available as a convenience. In cases where the EMCDDA is not the originator of the document, please be aware that any PDFs available on this page may not be authoritative or there may be more recent versions available. While we make every effort to ensure that these files are definitive, before using or citing them, we recommend that you consult the publisher's website or contact the author(s) to check for more recent versions.
Below you can find links to the main resources which form part of the European drug prevention quality standards (EDPQS).
- European drug prevention quality standards (main publication)
- European drug prevention quality standards: a quick guide
- EDPQS toolkits
- About EDPQS