The main goal of this project is to prepare IPA beneficiaries for their participation in the work of the EMCDDA.
IPA 4 beneficiaries are Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia (until 01/07/2013), former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Kosovo*, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey.
Timetable: January 2012–November 2014.
Objective: the overall objective is to support the IPA beneficiaries in their preparation for participation in the work of the EMCDDA and the Reitox network.
In order to achieve this, the project has defined a set of measurable and specific objectives:
- to consolidate the cooperation between the EMCDDA and each beneficiary at institutional level;
- to foster scientific cooperation in relation to data collection, analysis and interpretation;
- to develop, expand and promote the added value of the cooperation.
Expected results are:
- establishment or consolidation of a national focal point;
- increased availability of studies, monitoring of drug-related issues in line with EMCDDA standards;
- increased opportunities of collaboration with the Reitox network:
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence