Instrument of Pre-accession Assistance (IPA) 3 project activities
The EMCDDA cooperates with candidate and potential candidate countries to the EU since 2008, by developing and implementing technical cooperation projects financed by the Instrument of Pre-accession Assistance (IPA) of the European Commission. The ultimate goals of these projects are to familiarise the beneficiary countries with EU policies and working methods and to prepare them for participating in the work of the EMCDDA.
IPA 3 beneficiaries are Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Kosovo (under UNSCR 1244/99), Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey.
Timetable: December 2009–November 2011.
Objective of the IPA 3 project is to prepare IPA beneficiaries for their participation in the EMCDDA and to further strengthen the capacity of IPA Beneficiaries to establish, at national level, a drug information system compatible with EMCDDA standards.
Specific objectives identified are:
- Specific objective I — to provide support to the establishment/strengthening of a national focal point and its future integration in the Reitox network
- Specific objective II — to provide direct support to data collection/implementation of the national reporting packages (i.e. data collection activities)
- Specific objective III — to establish/strengthen the institutional relationship with partner countries, in liaison with EU institutions and International Organisations.
Key outputs will be:
- updated country overview on the drugs situation
- updated information map
- a NAPDIS
- a Recommendation/(draft) decision for a NFP.