European Durg Markets Report
Drug trafficking is a highly profitable commercial activity and remains a core business for organised crime groups across Europe today. Understanding the reality of the European drug market requires a holistic approach, following the supply chain from production and trafficking to distribution and sales.
Taking such an approach, two EU agencies — the EMCDDA and Europol — have joined forces to provide their third state-of-the-art overview of the European illicit drug market in the form of the EU Drug Markets Report 2019.
The EU Drug Markets Report 2019 is the third comprehensive overview of illicit drug markets in the European Union by the EMCDDA and Europol. This publication is an essential reference for law enforcement professionals, policymakers, the academic community and indeed for anyone seeking up-to-date information and analysis on drug markets in Europe. Download now ».
Please note: if the main download link is not working, the report may be downloaded using this alternative download link.
Highlights for policy and practice
Supporting EMCDDA publications
- Drug precursor developments in the European Union
- Using open-source information to improve the European drug monitoring system
- Drug-related homicide in Finland, the Netherlands and Sweden pilot study
- Methamphetamine in Europe: joint Europol-EMCDDA threat assessment
- Drug market size estimates
- Cannabis market in Europe: latest developments
- Albanian-speaking organised crime groups involved in drug supply
- Darknet markets and the supply of drugs and new psychoactive substances by Europe-based vendors
- Libya’s changing drug trafficking dynamics on the coastal and desert borders
- Social media-facilitated drug dealing in the Nordic countries
- Synthetic drug production sites in Belgium and the Netherlands
- Terrorism and drugs in Europe
- News release with all the highlights from the report, available in 24 languages
- Video: our motion graphic presents some of the main findings from the report
Graphics and videos
Date: 26 November 2019
Time: 10.00 Central European Time (CET/Brussels), 09.00 (WET/Lisbon)
Venue: Résidence Palace (International Press Centre), 155 Rue de la Loi, B-1040 Brussels
RSVP and embargoed copies: firstname.lastname@example.org
European Commission spokespersons’ service — Tel. (32) 2 298 67 64 (Tove Ernst); Tel. (32) 2 296 34 44 (Katarzyna Kolanko)
EMCDDA press office: email@example.com — Tel. (351) 211 21 02 00/40
Europol press office: firstname.lastname@example.org — Tel. (31) 703 02 50 01
- News release (26.11.2019): New report highlights wide-ranging impacts of EU drug markets on health and security
- News release (18.11.2019): Coming soon: 2019 EU Drug Markets Report from the EMCDDA and Europol