No AD.2013.01 — Scientific analyst – content coordination
Temporary Agent (M/F) AD6 — five-year contract.
Closing date for applications: 28.03.2013 at 17h00.
Place of employment: Lisbon, Portugal.
The job holder, under the supervision of the Head of the ‘Policy, evaluation and content coordination’ (POL) unit and in close collaboration with other scientific staff and the staff of the Communication unit, will provide transversal support for analysis and reporting on the European drug situation. The core tasks of this post will be to strengthen the EMCDDA’s capacity to produce efficiently high quality and scientifically sound outputs (publications, sections of the website, events, etc.) tailored to the needs of the different target audiences of the Centre. For this purpose the job holder will support the Centre’s scientific analysts in drafting technical outputs for different audiences. The post requires a combination of strong analytical and data analysis skills, good communication skills, an understanding of the scientific issues related to the work of the EMCDDA and an ability to draft high quality technical documents for a variety of internal and external audiences.
In order to ensure efficient execution of tasks, the vehicular language for this post has been defined as English.
The job holder will report directly to the Head of the ‘Policy, evaluation and content coordination’ unit.
The successful applicant will be requested to contribute to the following tasks:
- Under the guidance of the Head of unit, the preparation, drafting and editing of technical reports, process reports and other scientific content;
- Support scientific staff in their production of both ad hoc and scheduled EMCDDA outputs (publications, web content, articles, etc.) by assisting as required with conceptualisation, data analysis, scientific review and writing;
- Coordinate the production of specific outputs requiring synthesis of data from different project areas and to ensure that they are of high quality. This will typically require liaison with statistical and data management staff, scientific staff, a communications team member and sometimes external experts;
- Provide a ‘fire-fighting’ and back-up role for the technical work of the unit in order to provide extra capacity and expertise to ensure outputs are of high quality and produced in a timely manner;
- Any other tasks assigned by the Head of unit.
More information is available in the call for application.