Drug treatment overviews on the availability of drug-related treatment are available for 30 countries — the 27 EU Member States, Norway as EMCDDA member, and Turkey and Croatia as Candidate Countries.
The drug treatment overviews consist of five main parts:
- description of the national context, i.e. overall drug treatment system and organisation;
- description of treatment registries and monitoring systems available in each country;
- current treatment demand data including new clients entering treatment for the first time and a breakdown by primary drug;
- availability and provision of treatment services in the country, with a specific focus on substitution treatment;
- references and additional resources.