European Drug Report 2015
How many new drugs were detected in Europe over the last year? Is cannabis getting stronger? How many Europeans have ever used an illicit drug? What are the latest policy developments in the region?
(18.01.2016) Between 6 000 and 8 000 drug-induced deaths are reported in Europe every year, with opioids, such as heroin, found in most overdose cases. Yet with adequate intervention, using the overdose-reversal drug naloxone, many of these deaths can be prevented. Read more »
(27.11.2015) The co-existence of mental illness and psychoactive drug or other substance use problems — otherwise known as ‘comorbidity’ or ‘dual diagnosis’ — is an issue which has been on the radar of the EU drugs agency (EMCDDA) for over a decade (1). Read more »
- Council of EU representatives visit EMCDDA (04.02.2016)
- EMCDDA staff member receives award from the Cyprus Antidrug Council (26.06.2015)
- Annual meeting of the Reitox Early Warning System network (09.06.2015)
- Delegation of Irish Parliament to visit EMCDDA (03.06.2015)
- EMCDDA participates in RARHA project meeting on monitoring alcohol use and its consequences (13.03.2015)
- EMCDDA participates in SEEA-net events (12.03.2015)
- 58th Commission on Narcotic Drugs, 9–17 March 2015, Vienna (09.03.2015)
- EMCDDA welcomes new moves to make hepatitis C medications more accessible to patients (12.02.2015)
- Data — all of the latest data and statistics on the drug situation
- Countries — national and country-specific information
- Topics (A-Z) — information and resources organised by topic
- Our activities — information on the EMCDDA's ongoing scientific work and projects
- Best practice portal — what works in different areas of drug-related interventions
- Publications — all of the EMCDDA's publications at your fingertips
- News and events — the latest news and an overview of key events in the drugs calendar
- About — information about the EMCDDA and its activities
Note: videos will open in a new tab and are hosted on YouTube.com.
Note: photos will open in a new tab and are hosted on fickr.com.