EU Drug Markets Report
The 2016 EU Drug Markets Report provides a unique insight into the operation of illicit drug markets in the EU. The report assesses the impact of the drug market on society and the factors driving it.
(20.04.2016) What drugs are causing the most harm and concern today? What are the most recent developments in drug prevention, treatment and policy? These and other questions will be explored on 31 May in its annual overview of the European drug situation.
Read more »
(18.04.2016) The 2016 UN General Assembly Special Session (UNGASS) on drugs will convene at the UN headquarters in New York from 19–21 April. This meeting represents a major opportunity for the international community to review and address the world drug problem.
Read more »
(20.01.2016) Between 6 000 and 8 000 drug-induced deaths are reported in Europe every year, with opioids, such as heroin, found in most overdose cases. Yet with adequate intervention, using the overdose-reversal drug naloxone, many of these deaths can be prevented. Read more »
- Follow the EMCDDA delegation at UNGASS 2016 (18.04.2016)
- Director's speech: presentation of the EU Drug Markets Report, LIBE Committee, European Parliament, Brussels (07.04.2016)
- Speech by EMCDDA Director on the occasion of the launch of EU Drug Markets Report, Brussels (05.04.2016)
- Evaluation of the EU Drugs Strategy and Action Plan (2013–2016): public consultation (04.03.2016)
- Upcoming strategic analysis of the European drug market (01.03.2016)
- Council of EU representatives visit EMCDDA (04.02.2016)
- EMCDDA staff member receives award from the Cyprus Antidrug Council (26.06.2015)
- Annual meeting of the Reitox Early Warning System network (09.06.2015)
- Data — all of the latest data and statistics on the drug situation
- Countries — national and country-specific information
- Topics (A-Z) — information and resources organised by topic
- Our activities — information on the EMCDDA's ongoing scientific work and projects
- Best practice portal — what works in different areas of drug-related interventions
- Publications — all of the EMCDDA's publications at your fingertips
- News and events — the latest news and an overview of key events in the drugs calendar
- About — information about the EMCDDA and its activities
Note: videos will open in a new tab and are hosted on YouTube.com.
Note: photos will open in a new tab and are hosted on fickr.com.