Guidelines for the evaluation of treatment in the field of problem drug use
EMCDDA, Lisbon, January 2007
The main objective of the guidelines is to provide a European audience with basic information on the options, elements and procedures of drug-related treatment evaluation. The target readership includes professionals working in treatment services for substance use and dependence, administrators and officials in social and health authorities, researchers dealing with treatment of substance dependence, and those who professionally or politically may have an interest in evidence from treatment evaluation.
Download as pdf (0.3 MB):English (en)
Table of contents
- Part 1: Approaching evaluation
- Why evaluate treatment?
- Preparing for treatment evaluation
- Part 2: Implementing evaluation
- Quantitative evaluation
- Qualitative evaluation
- Implementing and assuring the evaluation process
- Communicating and presenting your results
- Part 3: Evaluation networks
- Evaluation and research networkks
- Part 4: Glossary