Construyendo salud. (Spanish)
M. Angeles Luengo Ph.D.
Departamento de Psicología Clínica y Psicobiología
Facultad de Psicología
Universidad de Santiago de Compostela
15782 Santiago de Compostela - SPAIN
Phone: 34 98 1563100
Publication dates: 2003
Description / Type of Assessment: Scales used to measure the result indicators during evaluation
2. Questionnaire on Antisocial Behaviour (CCA), a paper developed by the programme team comprising 4 parts: aggression, robbery, criminal behaviour and vandalism.
1. Persuasion Susceptibility Scale: developed by the research team (5 points). Respondents are asked whether they would perform a number of deeds if pressurised by their classmates.
2. Self-esteem Scale; derived from the Self-Concept Questionnaire, A-Form-(AFA) by Musitu, García and Gutiérrez (1991) (17 points). The questionnaire comprises academic, social and family self-conception.
3. An adapted version for adolescents of the Social Problem-Solving Inventory-Revised, SPSI-R, developed by Maydeu and D'Zurilla (1996). The inventory measures the following behaviour: a negative outlook as regards problems; a rational style of coping; an impulsive style; and an avoiding style.
5. The Anger Scale of the State-Trait Anger Manifestation by Spielberger, Gorsuch, Lushene, Vagg and Jacobs (1988) (10-points).
1. Questionnaire on Information on Drugs (CID) designed by the research team, but including some points from the Information Questionnaire by Maciá (1995).
4. Assertiveness Scale (15 points), based on the Assertiveness Inventory by Gambrill and Richey (1975). The Scale measures the following behaviour: demand rejection, initiating social contacts, expressing positive feelings, having different opinions to others and acting assertively when offered drugs.
Primary use / Purpose: evaluation of the Construyendo Salud [Building up health] programme, a universal, school-based prevention programme, targeting 12 to 14 year-olds or similar programmes based on the problem behaviour (Jessor-Jessor) and Life-skills (Botvin) models.
Domains measured / Life Areas / Problems Assessed: Prevention of risk behaviours
Population: Adolescents, Children
The programme as well as the instrument were adapted to the Spanish cultural context. The post-test evaluation was carried out three months after implementation of the programme. A one-year follow-up was included in the first study. The sample group was composed of 4 895 adolescents in their last year of primary school, in 123 schools in different autonomous communities of Spain. Some 2 567 pupils took part in the programme.