European Legal Database on Drugs
The European Legal Database on Drugs (ELDD) is the EMCDDA's online database of information on European drugs-related legislation for the Member States and Norway. Information for the candidate countries is being added as it becomes available. The database contains:
- Legal texts in their original formats to allow researchers and analysts to consult original data sources directly, an indispensable tool for monitoring and analysing legislative developments in the Member States.
- Country profiles of the national situation in the EU Member States, which have been compiled from reports submitted by the Reitox National focal points and from the texts of national laws and regulations.
- Legal reports including detailed reports and publications on various aspects relevant to the legal situation in the EU Member States.
- Brief Topic overviews include summary tables that give a quick overview of the legal position of EU countries with regard to illicit drugs
- News and Registration features which enable users to keep abreast of new developments.
A network of national 'legal correspondents' from the Member States assist with content development. The legal correspondents are responsible for expanding and updating the contents. They also exercise a quality assurance role on the data and information published in the database.
While every effort is made to ensure that texts in the ELDD are complete and up to date, mistakes and omissions may occur. Therefore, these texts should not be quoted as official legal sources.