Personal Experience Inventory (PEI)
(Sample Items - Incomplete questionnaire).
How often have you used alcohol or other drugs:
How often have you:
35. Used something to get high without knowing what it is.
When using alcohol or other drug, how often have you:
49. Felt holt and sweaty (feverish) or cold and clammy (chills)
In order to get or pay for alcohol or other drugs, how often have you:
65. Gone without things you wanted or needed
How many times have you:
Please answer the following questions about your experiences:
How often have you used each of these chemicals in order to get high:
How old were you when:
In the next section, please decide how much you agree with each statement about you, and mark one of the answers:
How often do these things happen:
76. I get upset when people make me wait.
77. Things happen in my family that nobody wants to talk about
147. I have been sexually abused by someone outside my family.