The EMCDDA's organisation consists of a Directorate to manage the Centre, two statutory bodies to advise and assist in the decision making process, and, finally, the various working units (which comprises the majority of the EMCDDA's staff) to run the Centre and ultimately deliver its output (reports, briefings, etc.).
Below is a more detailed breakdown of the EMCDDA's organisation:
- statutory bodies: Management Board and Scientific Committee;
- Directorate and Executive office (EXO) unit;
- Scientific coordination (SDI);
- Scientific units:
- units that collaborate closely with the scientific units:
- transversal supporting units: