External evaluation 2007
How effective is the EMCDDA?
(30.1.2008) ‘How effective is the EMCDDA?’, ‘Is it achieving its tasks and goals?’, ‘What benefits is it providing for the EU and its Member States?’ and ‘Are its activities coherent with those launched by the EU institutions in the drugs field?’. These were among the questions addressed in an independent evaluation of the agency, undertaken at the initiative of the European Commission in 2007. The results of the year-long exercise, carried out by the UK-based Centre for Strategy and Evaluation Services (CSES), were presented to the EMCDDA Management Board in December 2007 and are released today on the agency’s website
- Full evaluation report
- Executive summary
- News release No 1/2008: 'External evaluation of the EMCDDA - results released today'
How important is the EMCDDA's role in providing the information needed by policy-makers?
How do you rate the quality of the various EMCDDA publications and other information?
Evaluation work plan
- External evaluation of the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug AddictionDecember 2007Final report conducted by the Centre for Strategy and Evaluation Services
- External evaluation update: fieldwork in full swingJuly 2007Article in Drugnet Europe 59 about the conclusion of the second phase
- Have your say in the evaluation of the EMCDDAJuly 2007Invitation to participate in a survey in Drugnet Europe 58
- How effective is the EMCDDA?January 2007Article about the launch of the external evaluation in Drugnet Europe 57