The Directorate (DIR) consists of the Director and a management team. The Director of the EMCDDA is proposed by the European Commission and appointed by the Centre's Management Board for a renewable five-year period.
Mission statement: Managing the Centre as a whole, namely ensuring that the Centre's objectives and related tasks, set out in the founding regulation, are duly achieved through:
- preparing and implementing the Centre's work programmes;
- preparing and implementing the Centre’s budget;
- preparing and implementing all other decisions and programmes adopted by the Centre's Management Board;
- preparing a statement of revenue and expenditure and on the implementation of the budget;
- ensuring the production of the publications required by the Centre's Regulation (EC) no 1920/2006;
- preparing and implementing all staff matters;
- ensuring day-to-day administration and management.
|Senior policy officer to Management board||Monika Blum|
|Data protection officer||Ignacio Vázquez Moliní*|
|Governance (GOV) unit|
|Head of unit||Gonçalo Felgueiras e Sousa|
|Administrative support agent||Renate De Neve|
|Principal verifying and risk assessment officer||Francisco Sentieiro|
|Principal officer diplomatic relations||Ignacio Vázquez Moliní*|
|Principal scientific officer to the Director and international organisations||Klaudia Palczak*|
|Principal officer strategic planning and monitoring||Narcisa Murgea|
|Planning and scientific agent||Renate Hochwieser**|
|Driver||José Maria Courela|
* Shared assignment.
** Shared assignment with Scientific division.