Substance use among school students in Europe
This study looks at school students’ experience of, and perceptions about, a variety of substances including: tobacco, alcohol, illicit drugs, inhalants, pharmaceuticals and new psychoactive substances (NPS). Excessive internet use and online gaming and gambling are also covered. A total of 96 043 students were surveyed from 35 European countries.
Two new studies highlight the significant contribution of EU Agencies to citizens and administrations
(06.12.2016) The 45 EU Agencies and Joint Undertakings make a vast contribution to the economic and political development of the European Union according to two new studies presented today during the EU Agencies' Forum at the European Parliament.
Read more »
(23.11.2016) EMCDDA Director Alexis Goosdeel is at the Vatican City today where he will speak at a two-day workshop entitled ‘Narcotics: problems and solutions of this global issue’. The event is organised by the Pontifical Academies of Sciences (PAS).
Read more »
- Third EMDAS graduation ceremony at the EMCDDA (23.09.2016)
- EMCDDA Director presents the European Drug Report 2016 to members of the Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs (LIBE) Committee of the European Parliament (08.09.2016)
- EMCDDA Director at German Bundestag hearing on new psychoactive substances (06.07.2016)
- Follow the EMCDDA delegation at UNGASS 2016 (18.04.2016)
- Director's speech: presentation of the EU Drug Markets Report, LIBE Committee, European Parliament, Brussels (07.04.2016)
- Speech by EMCDDA Director on the occasion of the launch of EU Drug Markets Report, Brussels (05.04.2016)
- Evaluation of the EU Drugs Strategy and Action Plan (2013–2016): public consultation (04.03.2016)
- Upcoming strategic analysis of the European drug market (01.03.2016)